Standing Program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing Program

Anyone every hear of a "Tram Patient Lift" for non-ambulatory, non-weight bearing, bigger kids?

Yes and it can be very beneficial to the patient and the caregiver alike. There are a few companies out there that specialize in these lifts and they are designed to support people as they was and/or stand. They can also lift and transfer without requiring the person to stand. Here are a few links to some that you may want to consider and pricing does vary. www.rifton.com, www.hoyerlift.com

Comment

Hi CracklinRosie, I reached out to a friend who may have some information about them. I will let you know as soon as she responds. I did look up a picture of it and it looks like a stander that you sit in and it moves into standing position. I know they have wheelchairs with that function, however they can be very expensive, and insurance may only cover part of the expense. I see the benefit of these wheelchairs for children who are unable to stand especially for medical purposes such as hip integrity and weight bearing. I will keep you posted of what I find out. Linda

Comment

If you look on the Rifton website there is a video of the Tram in the bottom right corner of the Tram page. If you are interested, you can schedule an appointment for an evaluation with the Rehab Tech Department at Children's Specialized Hospital. You can contact the department at 908-389-5620. They can address any questions you have regarding the equipment. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X