Respite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respite

Wondering- does anyone know of any respite service in Monmouth/Ocean County? Desperate!! Any resources would be appreciated! Thanks!

Did anyone ever apply for respite through perform care? I found this link http://www.performcarenj.org/pdf/fam...ices-facts.pdf
    and it sounds good. If anyone has applied please share how the process was to go through and please share any tips for a successful outcome. Thanks!

Comment

Prior to Performcare, I applied through Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) once my daughter was diagnosed. I would suggest calling. If approved there may be a waiting list so the sooner you apply the better. Here is some information to get you started.

HOW TO APPLY FOR AND REQUEST FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES

The telephone application takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Call our toll free number at 1-877-652-7624. PerformCare is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Please note that only the parent or legal guardian can apply for Family Support Services.

PerformCare evaluates for Family Support Services based on individual need, caregiver need, current services utilized/available, and the availability of resources. We will assist you in identifying appropriate services by asking you specific questions about your and your child’s current needs and abilities, income, and medical insurance. During the phone call, if other needs are identified, you can be connected to other services, including behavioral health referrals and other community resources.

NOTIFICATION

If you are approved for an available Family Support Service, the agency providing the requested service will contact you once they have an opening in their program. You will also receive a letter from PerformCare indicating authorization of the service

Goodluck!

Comment

Working...
      X